STRYDE has arrived in Athens!
Nuvasive distributor has informed us that STRYDE nail has been officially granted the CE Mark and is now commercially available and approved for clinical use in the European Union.
Dr Giotikas commented:
“I am very excited with this development. All of us who are interested in cosmetic limb lengthening, patients and physicians alike, should be grateful to the first generation of specialists who envisaged and pioneered the production of such a sophisticated device.
I anticipate that Stryde will be greatly beneficial to patients by:
- Facilitating the post-operative physiotherapy and especially the prevention of muscle atrophy.
- Allowing patients to maintain a relatively independent daily routine during the lengthening and consolidation phase.
- Allowing earlier return to (most types of) work, after the completion of the lengthening phase, reducing that way any loss of income.
- Providing better short-term functional outcome.
- Reducing the risk of equinus deformity (Ballerina foot) to those undertaking tibial lengthening.
The initiation of a prospective study protocol at Athens BJR to look exactly at these and other aspects of cosmetic limb lengthening couldn’t be better timed. We hope that we will be one of the first centers to publish sound clinical evidence on the performance of Stryde.
At the dawn of the new era, it is our duty to responsibly utilize the available technology, through appropriate patient selection, to offer the merits of cosmetic limb lengthening to those who will really benefit from it.”