Announcement About Availability of Stryde and Precise Nails
12 February 2021
Following the recent, temporary, global recall of all Precise/Stryde family products by the manufacturer,
- All surgeries with Stryde nail, scheduled for anytime sooner than 18th August 2021, are postponed until further notice.
- Precise-2 nail is expected to be available for clinical use again in our Centre in the second half of March 2021. The first available date for surgery with Precise-2 nail in our centre is the 23rd March 2021. The longer track of satisfactory clinical performance of Precise-2 since 2012 allowed for this early resolution of the matter for the Precise-2.
- At the moment, there is no indication for urgent removal of implants in patients who have been operated with Stryde nails.
- If you have scheduled your surgery with Stryde for any time sooner than 18th August 2021 and have paid a deposit, you can:
- Reschedule your treatment with Stryde for later than the 18th August 2021. Our standard refund policy for treatment postponements/cancellations will be applied.
- Consider alternative treatment options i.e Precise-2 in the femur or tibia and LATN (Lengthening and then Nailing) in the tibia. Please contact us for more information.
- If you have scheduled your surgery with Stryde for August 2021 or later and have paid a deposit:
- You don’t need to do anything at the moment. We will be keeping you informed with any updates.
- If you have already been operated with Stryde nails, please see your options below:
- If your nails have already been removed and you still experience persistent pain in your thighs or tibias, please contact us for further instructions.
- If your nails have been removed and you don’t have any symptoms, you don’t need to do anything.
- If your nails are still in your legs (in situ) and you experience persistent pain in your thighs or tibias, and you didn’t have x-rays for more than three months, please contact us for further instructions.
- If it has been more than 14 months since you had your nails implanted, please contact us to discuss nail removal surgery at your earliest convenience.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org